Spine Surgeon Mumbai
Dr. Abhay Nene
Dr. Abhay Nene
Spine Surgeon Mumbai
Dr. Abhay Nene is a renowned Orthopedic Spine Surgeon based in Mumbai, India. With over two decades of experience in the field, Dr. Abhay Nene has established himself as an expert in Spine Surgery. His extensive knowledge and skills in orthopedics have made him a trusted medical professional among patients and peers.
Dr Abhay Nene, an alumnus the T N Medical college graduated as a medical doctor in 1995, and later completed his post graduate training in Orthopedic Surgery in 1998 from the University of Bombay. He then pursued higher surgical training in Orthopaedic Surgery and gained expertise in spine surgery by training in various renowned centers across the world, including Europe, United States of America, Argentina, the United Kingdom, and Singapore.
Brief Summary of Dr. Abhay Nene
M.B.B.S. University of Bombay, 1995
M. S. – Orthopaedics, University of Bombay, 1998
- Spine Surgery
- Spine Surgery Fellowship from the UK and the USA, in 2000-2001
Dr. Abhay Nene has 28 years of work experience with some of the best hospitals in Mumbai, including the Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre, Hinduja Hospital, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, and Breach Candy Hospital. He is currently associated with multiple hospitals across Mumbai, where he provides expert services in Spine Surgery.
Awards & Honours
- International ISSLS Spine Fellow award International Society for the Study of Lumbar Spine (ISSLS), May 2002, Cleveland, Ohio, USA.
- Scoliosis Research Society Scholarship, September 2004, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- ASSI-Dartmouth Spine Fellowship, September 2006, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, New Hampshire, USA.
Dr. Abhay Nene’s patients have nothing but praise for him. His compassionate and friendly nature, coupled with his expertise in orthopedics, has made him a favorite among patients. He takes the time to understand each patient’s unique situation and provides them with the best treatment options. His dedication to his patient’s well-being and his passion for his work are evident in every interaction he has with them.
Dr. Abhay Nene has a special interest in minimally invasive spine surgery, which involves smaller incisions, less blood loss, and faster patient recovery time. He has performed several complex spine surgeries, including spine tumor resection, scoliosis correction, and spinal deformity correction. His extensive experience in spine surgery has enabled him to provide personalised and effective treatment options to his patients.
Research & Publications
Dr. Abhay Nene is actively involved in academics and research. He has several publications in national and international journals and has presented his research at various national and international conferences. He is also a member of various medical associations and societies, including the Indian Orthopedic Association and the Association of Spine Surgeons of India.
- Predictors of kyphotic deformity in osteoporotic vertebral compression fractures: a radiological study.
Patil S, Dr. Abhay Nene AM.
Eur Spine J. 2014 July
- Non-surgical management of cord compression in tuberculosis: a series of surprises.
Patil SS, Mohite S, Varma R, Bhojraj SY, Dr. Abhay Nene AM.
Asian Spine J. 2014 Jun;8(3):315-21.
- De-novo XDR Tuberculosis Spine in a 3-year-old Girl.
Mohan K, Joshi N, Pawar U, Dr. Abhay Nene.
J Glob Infect Dis. 2014 Jan;6(1):44-5
- Posterior approach in thoracolumbar tuberculosis:
a clinical and radiological review of 67 operated cases.
S Rawall, K Mohan, Dr. Abhay Nene.
Journal of Musculoskeletal Surgery, Springer. April 2013
- Surgical patterns in osteoporotic vertebral compression fractures.
Patil S, Rawall S, Singh D, Mohan K, Nagad P, Shial B, Pawar U,Nene Abhay.
Eur Spine J; 2013 Apr;22(4):883-91.
- Postvertebroplasty instability Report of 5 cases .
Premik Nagad, Saurabh Rawall, Vishal Kundnani, Kapil Mohan, Sanganagouda Patil, Dr. Abhay Nene
J Neurosurg Spine 16:387–393, April 2012
- Drug Resistance Patterns in 111 cases of drug resistant
Kapil Mohan, Saurabh Rawall, Uday Pawar, Meeta Sadani, Premik Nagad, Amita Nene, Dr. Abhay Nene
European Spine Journal : January 2012
- Post operative visual loss.
Indian Journal Of Orthopedics, Volume 46, January 2012
SS Patil, Kapil Mohan, U Pawar, Dr. Abhay Nene
- Role of ‘low cost Indian implants’ in our practice: our experience with 1,572 pedicle screws
Saurabh Rawall, Kapil Mohan, Premik Nagad, Ashutosh Sabnis , Uday Pawar, Dr. Abhay Nene
European Spine J DOI 10.1007/s00586-011-1914-3, July 2011
- Tuberculosis of the spine: 2011 update
Dr. Abhay Nene, U. Pawar
Argospine. Springer-Verlag France 2011 – ArgoSpine
NEWS&JOURNAL – quarterly September 2011 – Vol. 23 – N°3
- Outcome of single level instrumented posterior lumbar interbody fusion using corticocancellous laminectomy bone chips
Sanganagouda Patil, Saurabh Rawall, Premik Nagad, Bhavin Shial, Uday Pawar, Dr. Abhay Nene
Indian Journal of Orthopaedics | November 2011 | Vol. 45 | Issue 6
- Spinal instability in ankylosing spondylitis.
Badve SA, Bhojraj SY, Dr. Abhay Nene AM, Varma R, Mohite S, Kalkotwar S, Gupta A.
Indian J Orthop. 2010 Jul;44(3):270-6.
- Major Vessel Injury With Cage Migration – Surgical Complication in a Case of Spondylodiscitis Uday M. Pawar, D’Ortho, DNB Ortho, Vishal Kundnani, MS Ortho,and Dr. Abhay Nene, MS Ortho SPINE Volume 35, Number 14, pp E663–E666, ©2010, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Spinal loop rectangle and sub laminar wiring as a technique for scoliosis correction.
Bhojraj SY, Varma RG, Dr. Abhay Nene AM, Mohite S.
Indian J Orthop. 2010 Jan;44(1):50-6
- Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis of the Spine—Is it the Beginning of the End? A Study of Twenty-Five Culture Proven Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis Spine Patients
Uday M. Pawar, D’ortho, DNB Ortho,* Vishal Kundnani, MS Ortho,* Vikas Agashe, MS Ortho,* Amita Nene, MD, DETRD, FCCP,† and Dr. Abhay Nene, MS Ortho*
SPINE Volume 34, No.22, pp E806, ©2009, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Occipito-Atlanto-Axial Osteoarthritis – A Cross Sectional Clinico- Radiological Prevalence Study in High Risk and General Population
Siddharth A. Badve, MS,*† Shekhar Bhojraj, MS,† Dr. Abhay Nene, MS,‡ Abhijit Raut, MD,§ and Ravi Ramakanthan, MD§
SPINE Volume 35, No.4, pp 434, ©2010, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Giant cell tumor of the spine: A review of 9 surgical interventions in 6 cases.
Bhojraj SY, Dr. Abhay Nene A, Mohite S, Varma R.
Indian J Orthop. 2007 Apr;41(2)
- Results of Non Surgical Management of Thoracic Spinal Tuberculosis in Adults- a study of 50 cases
A Nene, S Y Bhojraj, the Spine Journal, Jan-Feb 2005
- Lumbosacral Tuberculosis in Adults
S Bhojraj, Dr. Abhay Nene. British Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery May 2002
- ASSI textbook of Spinal Infections and Trauma
- Radiology in spinal trauma – A Sabnis, Dr. Abhay Nene
- Bacteriology of Spinal Tuberculosis – P Nagad, Dr. Abhay Nene
- Multi drug resistant Spinal TB- U Pawar, Dr. Abhay Nene
Textbook of Orthopedics and Traumatology. 2008, Jaypee
142.1 Metastatic Disease of the Spine
142.2 Primary Tumors of the Spine
S Bhojraj, Dr. Abhay Nene
Dr. Shekhar Bhojraj was not happy only catering to the rich and wanted to offer the same services to the underprivileged as well. Thus was born the Spine Foundation with Dr Shekhar Bhojraj Mrs. Shilpa Bhojraj in 1982 wife with an aim to quality healthcare affordable to everyone.
Expert in Following Surgeries / Treatments
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Abhay Nene is an Orthopedic Surgeon specializing in Spine Surgery.
Dr. Abhay Nene completed his medical education from Seth G.S. Medical College and KEM Hospital in Mumbai, India.
Dr. Abhay Nene is associated with multiple hospitals across Mumbai, including Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre, Hinduja Hospital , Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, and Breach Candy Hospital.
Dr. Abhay Nene has a special interest in minimally invasive spine surgery, which involves smaller incisions, less blood loss, and faster recovery time for patients.
Dr. Abhay Nene has performed several complex spine surgeries, including spine tumor resection, scoliosis correction, and spinal deformity correction.
Yes, Dr. Abhay Nene is actively involved in academics and research. He has several publications in national and international journals and has presented his research at various national and international conferences.
Dr. Abhay Nene is a member of various medical associations and societies, including the Indian Orthopedic Association and the Association of Spine Surgeons of India.
Dr. Abhays Nenes Fees is depend on the locations and Hospitals and its also depends on the types of treatments.
Dr. Aabhay Nenes personal Clinic Address is – Doctor House, Pedder Rd, Cumballa Hill, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400026
Dr. Aabhay Nenes appointment booking number is +91 – 9892101234 , this number is also available on whatsapp.
At The We are spine we offer the most advanced and
effective bespoke treatment packages to suit your needs
For effective pain treatment, it is imperative to diagnose the underlying condition.
Depending on the diagnosis, our first choice for treatment are rehabilitation…
We advise surgical intervention only when the risk of surgery is far lower than the risk of leaving…
We guide individuals on how to prevent first or recurrent back pain by suggesting lifestyle…